Balfour Meagher can assist you with advice on, negotiations and preparation of all types of leases and leasing matters, as well as being able to provide you with practical legal advice and commercial solutions. We offer you the following areas of expertise in leasing:
- Landlord or Tenant
- Single Property, Strata Property, Offices, Multi-level Buildings, Warehouses
- Factories and hard-stand leasing
- Acting for Landlord or Tenant
- Single Property, Multi-functional Premises, Equipment-inclusive.
RETAIL SHOP LEASES
- Landlord or Tenant advices and lease agreements;
- Shopping Centre Shops, Kiosks, Concessionaires, Franchisee-leases, Single Property Retail;
- Advice on the Commercial Tenancy (Retail Shops) Agreement Act 1985;
- Advice and preparation of compliant Disclosure Statements;
- Landlord-generated rent reviews advice.
AGRI-BUSINESS LEASING MATTERS
- Farm Leases, Share Farming Agreements and Livestock Management Agistment Agreements;
- Pastoral Leases and dealings with the Pastoral Lands Board;
- Indigenous Land Use Agreements (ILUAs) relating to Pastoral Leases;
- Water rights, access and licences under the Waterways Conservation Act 1976 (WA);
- Foreign Investment Review Board (FIRB) advice and applications; and
- Carbon sequestration and trading agreements.
- Landlord or Tenant
- Single Property or Strata
ASSIGNMENTS, EXTENSIONS, SUB-LEASING AND VARIATIONS
OTHER LEASING ADVICE SERVICES AND PROVISIONS
- Property ownership (Co-ownership) agreements;
- Lease–back of property acquired through Self-Managed Superannuation Funds (SMSFs) and Superannuation Industry Supervisory Act (SISA)-compliant Leases.
- ‘First Right of Refusal’ and Options to Purchase leased-premises’ Land;
- PPSA registrations over Landlord’s chattels (in addition to other appropriate, or standard securities over tenants – whether by guarantee and/or real property security of the tenant and their guarantors);
- Lease dispute advices; and
- Default and Termination notices.
Balfour Meagher has many years of experience with property on leasing law in Western Australia and have represented both lessors and lessees of property for all types of leasing matters. This brings peace of mind to our clients. Engaging Balfour Meagher early in the process, ensures inherent risks and issues are minimised and commercial opportunities are optimised.
Contact us to find out more or to arrange a consultation with an experienced property and leasing lawyer.